Saturday, November 9, 2013

iGive-Day 1-Learning to Trust

Read Proverbs 3:1-6

It is always exciting when one of my sons come to me and tell me they are ready to take the training wheels off of their bicycle. After the training wheels are removed, I explain that he can trust that Dad will be right beside him ready to catch him if he starts to fall. It may take an hour or maybe a few days, but eventually I get the joy of watching my child ride up and down the street with the wind blowing in his hair and a huge smile his face.

In much the same way, God asks us to trust Him with the leadership of our lives. As we become more and more mature in our faith, God desires for us to live passionate lives for Him that bring glory to His name. 

Proverbs 3:5 states…

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Part of the growth in our faith is believing that God can be trusted to lead us on the path that will bring us life, life found in Him. Isn't this the great challenge of our faith...learning to trust God and letting go of our own tight grip on our lives? Yet, it is the only true path to the abundant life God promises.

Dear Jesus, I submit my life to you today trusting that You will lead me to experience life beyond my wildest dreams!




No comments:

Post a Comment