Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Downtown Devotions-Down for the Count

When you have 7 children and a total of 9 people in your house, the invasion of sickness can be overwhelming.  Over this past Thanksgiving weekend, some nasty little sick bug invaded our home and got 6 of our 7 children-only our oldest Ben seems to have escaped.

If I can paint a picture for you, our normally rambunctious children were laying all over our family room under blankets with red faces watching TV on Sunday afternoon. Ben and I were the only ones who made it to church on Sunday.

Well, one of the joys of parenting in sharing in your kid's struggles...including sickness. Monday and Tuesday were tough (when you have 7 children you don't get to be sick) but I seem to be feeling better today. 

That said, Downtown Devotions will return tomorrow. I have greatly missed writing these past two days. Thanks for all your love and support for my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment